The Trust's latest People's Plaque was unveiled on 26th July. Aptly, in this year of celebrating women's suffrage, it commemorates two pioneering women - Zepherina Veitch and Dame Rosalind Paget DBE, ARRC. The plaque is sited at what is now The Hospital Club, in Endell Street, which was the British Lying-In Hospital (London's first dedicated maternity hospital), built in 1849 and operational until 1913. This is where both Veitch and Paget, already nurses, trained as midwives.
L: Dame Rosalind Paget (1855-1948) and R: Zepherina Veitch (1836-1894)